Conflicts describe rules for random combinations that you never want to appear together.
Conflicts can be described in many different ways. You might have a conflict between...
- Two Traits
- Two Values of the same Trait
- Two Values of two different Traits
- A Value of one Trait with ANY value of another Trait
Conflicts will not match if a Trait Value is "None".
Conflict resolution affects the overall rarity of your Trait's Values. If two values are defined to have 50% likelihood, but one of those values can conflict with many other Traits, you can expect that its representation in the overall collection will be lower.
When a conflict arises, you can opt to have it resolved in one of the following ways:
- Set either Trait's Value to "None"
- Choose a new Value randomly for either Trait
If you opt to choose a new random value, be sure to have other options available. Treat Toolbox will only attempt resolution a fixed number of times before giving up.